Scooby Newbie

Member#: 161876
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
02 Impreza WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RYAN007R6 View Post
Great thread, I have an 05 sti "stage 2"...
Headers, up pipe, 3" invidia dp to a 3" full greddy exhaust, all cat-less. Aps intake, cobb ap "91 oct stage 2 tune"
Super street full tien suspension set up.
And i actually wouldnt mind a little more ponies....I bought the car because I have owned sport motorcycles for the past few years, love speed and acceleration even more. So i am not a novice to it.
My question is if anyone cares to share some honest info on how to get more power...or if this IS a good start?? Oh, and the big kicker is that my car has 137,xxx miles o_O .....def pushing this thing.
First step is to pull the motor and have it or build it yourself if you have the skills with forged internals. The stock pistons with that many miles I would not trust. Most tuners, if they're worth a damn, will put a conservative tune on there to save your motor with that many miles if and when the day comes you REALLY wanna see them ponies let loose.

And even before that set up a plan or goals.

A) what will the car's MAIN use be for? Dedicated track use? Daily driver with spirited and OCCASIONAL Auto-X and/or Strip? Dedicated daily driver? Rally Cross? etc...
B) What is you budget? are you single? Married? kids? apartment? house w/garage? Town home? this all plays into how much you can spend to have a mechanic/tuner shop install stuff or Do-It-Yourself. Many Landlords and or property management companies do not allow car "repairs" on their land.
C) Take a HDPC (High Speed Driving Course)...learn the car, when you get into a situation at full boost you can safely recover it and minimize loss of life and property damage.

Second, and I don't mean to be condescending, but ask a tuner in your area. He or she will be able to tailor a plan that fits what you want. And please get a horsepower/torque number out of your head. Most people end up chasing every little part to squeeze every ounce of power out of motor and can lead to other issues. That isn't to say that is you at all, but beware of that.

Other than that good luck...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DDScooby is offline   Reply With Quote