Scooby Guru

Member#: 64908
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
10.8 XT+10.0@143 GR+
2x9.0@170mph GTRs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorNick View Post
You might want to contact P&L and see if they have started to offer their block re-enforcement kit. They also offer concrete jobs for the serious drag racers

Otherwise, I would just say get a dry sleeve and call it a day. The cylinder wall flex will be much more controlled.

But if your gonna stick stage 1 (what is that 300whp?) I can't imagine a stock 257 cracking at that pressure.
The concrete setup does not work.

Agreed any case will for for 300-600whp. The bracing helps if you are going to be pushing the motor hard, I have been running the pinned( cylinder braces ) for yrs, HKS/JUN one of them started doing it back in like 99' Nothing new or magical about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turn in Concepts View Post
We've done a number of 704 blocks including in the race car and have not seen a cylinder wall split yet.
Dear God THANK YOU!!!!! I dont know why everyone keeps on with this cracked 704 casing stuff. If you cracked a sleeve and make less then 550-600whp, you had to much cylinder pressure or knocked like crazy.

I have tuned plenty and run a 704 block in my own 10second 130+mph daily driver. 36psi, no cracked sleeves... although I dont think running 36psi on a stock unbraced liner is a good thing.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Junior2JZ is offline   Reply With Quote