Scooby Guru

Member#: 56203
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
00 RSTI Coupe
Twin Scroll 2.5XTR EJ207

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
Lol no Cosworth, to my knowledge, has failed yet. It is the built OEM blocks that are 704 castings that are failing. I didn't say Cosworth :P
Full cosworth longblock have failed in the past on <704 casting. If cosworth builds a block with a new block I dont see how it wont be a 704.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04ImprezaWRX View Post
Cosworth is still going to use a 704 block. So your saying it was the person who built the block then and not the block. Cosworth makes good products and follow strict tolerances but if there using a 704 block which you are saying is weak. Than aren't you starting at square one? All you are doing than is changing builders and not the block problem you speak of per say.
agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapp_badbloodz View Post
I am ordering my cosworth short block next week ^____^ the shop told me that cosworth stands being its products so if anything does happen I'll be good in that retrospect.
Stands behind their products doesnt mean much. Cossy had a bad batch of cams that split in half. Some customer's blocks were compeltly trashes afterwards. Do you think cosworth paid for the longblock?..of course not. The best they would do is replace your cams and say sorry.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote