Alright, i'm a complete noob when it comes to boxer engines.
That being said, i'm working on replacing the valve cover gaskets on a 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i with the EJ253 Engine. (NOT A TURBO)
1. Is there a walkthrough on here specific for this engine? (yeah,i have the damn rs25 walkthrough, but its not the same)
2. How do i attack the engine? Top, or bottom?
3. If i take the engine off its motor mounts, how much lift can be applied before structural problems arise (crap starts to break)
4. how do i work around the fact i have less than 1 inch between the valve covers and the wheel wells?
5. What tools are advised to make my life suck less when doing this? I have a full garage (vehicle lifts, jacks, engine crane, air/electric/hand tools, ect)
Anyway i just need some help figuring out how to get to this thing without messing it up horribly. The engine layout has really made me hate this car.