NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 159474
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ Ltd 6MT CBS
SNOSLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by granny View Post
I don't call 3,400lbs light. The STi is supposed to be a race car. That's what its made to do. Take out the heated leather seats, the fancy subs and all the other stuff and make it under 3,000lbs. You can have full interior and still be under 3,000lbs. If they want to make a luxury sports car so be it. But do it in the WRX. That's the point of having WRX AND a STi. Two different cars with two different purposes. Also for a NA two door the BRZ isn't that light. Granted it is a step closer but it's no miata or lotis.
Still not paying attention. 2012+ Impreza:

It is lighter.

Also, yes, the FR-S/GT-86/BRZ are considered light. For their size and tech and price, they're light. I refuse to pay the price of the Lotus and I do not like the looks of the Miata. I'm definitely not alone on this, which is why people are enjoying these cars. If they were considered heavy things would be different. You can't compare them to your wagon or any other old Subaru. New Subaru vehicles come with an airbag for the passenger's knees.... KNEES, Caleb! There's so much extra bracing and safety added to these vehicles that, yes, 2700lbs is considered light by today's standards.

Also, the current WRX/STI are considered light for having AWD, turbocharging and four doors. Go do some comparisons against the competition, not the cars of yesteryear. You'll see what I'm talking about.

I don't know if people ever complained about the Forester's weight, but I wouldn't doubt they made it lighter since it's based on the current Impreza and aiming to have better MPG. Same with next WRX/STI. People want more performance, but better MPG. They WILL be lighter. Will they be as light as a 90's Legacy wagon? Most likely not anymore, but that's not a fair comparison.

Trust me. I'm with you on making these vehicles significantly lighter, but they're also making them more powerful to help offset the weight increase.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
chanomatik is offline   Reply With Quote