Old 11-01-2012, 10:55 PM   #13
Ronen91
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324810
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 STi
DGM

I did some research on how to wash the car and the results were amazing!

Today, I created a "three" bucket method lol. I also used hot water from inside my house.

One for car wash, one for rinsing all the dirt, and another for a second rinse. I ran to about 6 places looking for grit guards, and couldn't find them so I caved in and just went along with it. I also used a sheathing technique that I learned from this video that I strongly recommend everyone should watch!

I know I need to wax her before the snow fall comes, but I don't think I'm going to have the time this week!

Here's the items I used. Peak Extreme Weave Towel, Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner, and Peak Knobby Wash Mitt, and a final drying chamois.

I also am planning on maybe clay barring if I find time. Anyways the car looks great and I will snap some pictures tomorrow.

I forgot to pick up rim cleaner, because I was unsure as what to use, but can anyone make some suggestions on what works well on these rims?
I'm thinking a simple spiraled wheel brush, but I don't know which cleaners are safe for these rims. They are the base STi rims.

My current priorities on the car right now are Rally Armor, and winter tires (waiting for November deals)

Any other suggestions?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Ronen91 is offline   Reply With Quote