View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #110
manitou
Scooby Specialist
 
Member#: 193757
Join Date: Nov 2008
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Location: Cedar, MI HP Techs MPS-SSLR2.5
Vehicle:
2006 XTI Limited
OBP, Junior tuned 573WHP

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stang352 View Post
I am in but my car needs to be done and broken in by then. I am dropping off my STI tomorrow at Six Star to finish the build. It is a MPS sleeved short block with Head Games heads and several other goodies. I am shooting for 650-750 whp. All the parts and machining is done. Just needs a final assembly. I guess I am tentative depending on how quickly Dewey and Sammy can wrap this up for me. I was told it should be done this week.....good times.
Hey stang, That's great!....and it sounds like a sic build!! Let me guess stock size valves on those Head Games heads? What cams?

I was just talking with Layvon tonight and telling him we need 1 or 2 more cars to make this go. Right now it's just Layvon and I in for sure, you would make 3. I spoke with Ryan Moore/ Moore Performance last Thursday and he has a customer with a MPS/ Benson sleeved 2.5 LB and a Vipec. They are sorting out some wiring and he would like to get tuned with us. I hope to talk to Ryan again tomorrow and confirm it.

What type ECM are you using? Layvon and Ryan's guy will be the most complicated tunes with G4/ Vipecs. I'm using a Cobb AP so mine should be a bit simpler just as long as we all bring our **** to the dance ready to go with no real issues or boost leaks.

If you're in and Ryan's guy is in that makes 4 and possible one long day or 2 short days. I also just PM'd ShadowIMg and I believe his is a stage 2+. If he confirms that's 5 tunes and 2 days. My earlier estimate, post 97 is accurate for 2 days and 20 hours time, $225/ hr. If we only have enough for 1 days session then the cost will be $260/ hr. based on 10 hours time. We will break it down by the hours needed to do each tune and that will be the most fair way for all parties.

I looked at the flights today on Travelocity and they are holding but I need to get Dom's flight booked tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. So what I need from any one that wants in on this Dom tuning session is a $300 refundable (if it all falls apart) deposit. Once I book Dom's flight we are locked in. Is this cool with everyone?
Thanks,
Allan
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by manitou; 11-04-2012 at 11:10 PM.
manitou is offline   Reply With Quote