View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #34
EnderDragoon
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 300176
Chapter/Region: SWIC

Quick update. Seats acquired. Dashboard installed. Went on a 4 hour road trip down to Phoenix to pick up the seats with the dashboard installed and I've gotta say the results are awesome. I love the black on blue color schemes and the best part is there is absolutely zero glare now. I was concerned that the shiny/sparkly black complexion of the flocking would be reflective but even in direct sunlight I am hard pressed to notice any detail of the dashboard in the windshield. It's hard to get lighting such that my camera doesn't saturate the blue when focusing the black but here are a few shots until I figure out the lighting.

Quick side note though: on their instructions they say the adhesive has a 10-15 minute workable range but I had never really tested the time on this before starting on something as big as the dashboard. In Arizona I would say you have more of a 3-5 minute workable range because of the dryness and higher temperatures. I had myself and a friend applying the adhesive and I started applying the flocking roughly 5 minutes after we started and some spots were already too dry to accept flocking and it became a psycho rush of me reapplying adhesive in certain areas to recover the project as you can only do this once and not in sections. This was certainly nerve racking but the results turned out better than I expected. There were some light spots but they are difficult to notice. Odd thing about flocking is it looks 20x better in direct sunlight than otherwise. So if you live in a dry/hot area... do this in a garage, run a humidifier and do this at night while it's cool out. Have at least 2 people applying adhesive and a third person delivering the flocking as immediately after the adhesive as practical. Anywho... Pictures:

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
EnderDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote