fredzy
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 317270
Vehicle:
15 WRX, WRB 6MT
14 CX-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhoward1 View Post
I have driven a 2010 and a 2011 at speed, as well as a GTR racecar. They are very capable cars and can do incredible speeds out of the box. I surely would not turn one down if given to me, but there is a reason I race vintage cars, and the similar. They have much a more visceral feel to them, they make brilliant noises, and the manuals just add to the experience. If I was getting paid to win, then yes I would be in a GTR, or similar car with a sequential box, but if I am just doing it for fun, then itís a manual and old school for me. I am not the only one like that either, which is why Randy Pobst, Mike Skeen, Tony Stewart, and many others are out here with me driving the same type of cars as well. I could probably, and they can surely afford and do buy cars like the GT-R, but drive these just for the heck of it.
Nicely put. Did you notice any big differences in handling between the 2010 and 2011 GTR? I recall that Nissan began to try to tune some character into the cars handling without slowing it down.

I unfortunately have not driven a GTR. I have driven both DCT and MT E92 M3 in around town/spirited country road driving and I'd pay a premium to have the MT. I'd be faster on the track with DCT of course but what the heck. Shaving a second off my lap time is polishing a turd. I'm doing it for fun.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
fredzy is offline   Reply With Quote