Guardian-X-
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 331064
Vehicle:
06 Impreza wrx sti
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthatch12 View Post
Question, my FTDI cable from that website that z recommended, will it work directly out of box?

Boy is the shipping slow... Its just leaving Hong Kong today... I ordered it on the 23rd
Worked flawlessly for me right out the box (06sti). Haven't gotten to flashing but everything else works flawlessy (romraider,learning view etc) only reason i can't read my rom is due to the ecutek tune (lockout) on it so i presume you can do about anything with this cable without modification. I presume Z has already flashed with this cable without mods (have to check previous pages).

Expect at least 3 weeks shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral E View Post
I have this EXACT same chip. I know how to do the voltage mod (from the BFM cable thread) but I'm having trouble figuring out the K/L line mod that madjax posted. Does anyone know how I'd go about doing that? Here's a picture of the front and backs of mine if that helps any.
Can't help mate sorry ... i gave up on the WCH cable after the voltage mods and bought the FTDI one which has no problems straight out of the box. I don't really know if the WCH cable is of more use on the older ecu's or if the mod's actually make it work.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by Guardian-X-; 11-06-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Guardian-X- is offline   Reply With Quote