Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #1
SoImprezd
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 296872
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2004 WRX
World Rally Blue

I own a 2007 Impreza 2.5i. No it does not have a turbo and it is not a WRX. I've owned this car for a little over a year now and have put 20k miles on it.

The reason for this post is to establish MY perspective on this car. I love my car and I have a blast driving and working on it. Personally I think that it's a pretty quick car for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder. I understand that my car is no where near as fast as a STi, Evo, etc. I've actually beat an 04 WRX in a race before, this doesn't mean my car is fast, nor does it mean it's faster than all WRXs.

I've invested much time and money into my car and I have no regrets. Friends and others say to me, "Stop wasting your money, buy a WRX." Well it's not as simple as everyone thinks it is.

I'm 19 years old and when I was 17 I was rear ended in my first car and it was totaled. I bought a junky maxima as my first standard. After a while the car completely fell apart. My parents said to me that it would probably be more beneficial if I got a newer car so that I don't have to worry about my car breaking so often. I've always loved Subarus and I wanted to get one. On a personal note, my parent's credit isn't great and I don't have credit.

Our local Subaru car dealership was having a special for people with "bad/no credit." I saw this as being my only opportunity to get a newer Subaru because it was the easiest way to get a loan straight from the dealership. Keep in mind I only wanted a Subaru Impreza or legacy, nothing else. The only used legacy they had was an 09 NA for a very high price. There was an 08 Impreza for 18k, ugly and way over priced. There were a few WRXs but not only were they expensive, my parents said "you don't need a fast car."

The only choice I had was a 2007 Impreza 2.5i for $12.5k with a 5year loan. I've been paying for the car since day one. Since there's a loan on the car, the bank has the title. So I can't trade it and if I sell it I'll have maybe a few thousand cash. So in a sense, I'm stuck with this car until its paid off. I'll be receiving a hefty settlement from my accident last year, then I can pay off the car. But until then I have to keep it.

If I want to do some mods here and there, I'm going to do it. I plan to get a WRX next but for now, I'm working with what I have and I don't think I should be criticized for it. The point of this post is not to make anyone mad, it's to inform the ignorant.

So next time a kid with a NA subie asks about a mod or anything else, don't be so quick to harass them until you know their story.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by SoImprezd; 11-06-2012 at 12:35 PM.