Scooby Newbie

Member#: 283467
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 STi
Plasma Blue Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoImprezd View Post
I own a 2007 Impreza 2.5i. No it does not have a turbo and it is not a WRX. I've owned this car for a little over a year now and have put 20k miles on it.

The reason for this post is to establish MY perspective on this car. I love my car and I have a blast driving and working on it. Personally I think that it's a pretty quick car for a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder. I understand that my car is no where near as fast as a STi, Evo, etc. I've actually beat an 04 WRX in a race before, this doesn't mean my car is fast, nor does it mean it's faster than all WRXs.

I've invested much time and money into my car and I have no regrets. Friends and others say to me, "Stop wasting your money, buy a WRX." Well it's not as simple as everyone thinks it is.

I'm 19 years old and when I was 17 I was rear ended in my first car and it was totaled. I bought a junky maxima as my first standard. After a while the car completely fell apart. My parents said to me that it would probably be more beneficial if I got a newer car so that I don't have to worry about my car breaking so often. I've always loved Subarus and I wanted to get one. On a personal note, my parent's credit isn't great and I don't have credit.

Our local Subaru car dealership was having a special for people with "bad/no credit." I saw this as being my only opportunity to get a newer Subaru because it was the easiest way to get a loan straight from the dealership. Keep in mind I only wanted a Subaru Impreza or legacy, nothing else. The only used legacy they had was an 09 NA for a very high price. There was an 08 Impreza for 18k, ugly and way over priced. There were a few WRXs but not only were they expensive, my parents said "you don't need a fast car."

The only choice I had was a 2007 Impreza 2.5i for $12.5k with a 5year loan. I've been paying for the car since day one. Since there's a loan on the car, the bank has the title. So I can't trade it and if I sell it I'll have maybe a few thousand cash. So in a sense, I'm stuck with this car until its paid off. I'll be receiving a hefty settlement from my accident last year, then I can pay off the car. But until then I have to keep it.

If I want to do some mods here and there, I'm going to do it. I plan to get a WRX next but for now, I'm working with what I have and I don't think I should be criticized for it. The point of this post is not to make anyone mad, it's to inform the ignorant.

So next time a kid with a NA subie asks about a mod or anything else, don't be so quick to harass them until you know their story.
It does suck that people can't even ask a question without getting flamed on NASIOC. You own a car that you can afford, plus you are still a teenager. It is very sad what NASIOC has become. I mean its not like IWSTI which is mostly WRX and STI owners, but that is the crowd the site is aimed at. NASIOC covers ALL subarus (Impreza, Legacy, Outback, etc...), so you should not have to worry asking a question about an N/A impreza. However, it appears from your post that people do (i.e. - the ass clown 3 posts back), which is not right at all. You are simply a younger individual looking for help and guidance.

So I say ask any question related to your impreza that you want (with in the forum guidelines), and screw the haters, who's mom and dad probably purchased their WRX or STI for them (also the same ones that wrap themselves around trees). Some dumbass' in here think if you have any other subaru except for the WRX, STi or BRZ, that it is a waste of time. F*** them, you do what makes you happy!

This is why I only browse through here when bored at work. IWSTI is much better
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.