Old 11-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #431
soccer05
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 202554
Chapter/Region: BAIC
Vehicle:
2003 Impreza Wrx
Wrb

Here is a picture of my hubadapter.com wheel spacers. Very impressed with the quality of these parts, even though they are simple hub spacers. I have seen some less than excellent wheel spacers on the market, and am very unhappy with their use as it is a safety related part for you and others that share the road with you. I provided my measurements of my inner bore for my rota rims, and the stock wrx hub, and they machined all four wheel spacers to fit perfectly and be hubcentric. All parts fit perfectly, and the 10mm spacer widens my track width just a little under a half inch per corner. With my 15mm of scrub without the spacers, the spacers increase my scrub to 25mm, or about 1 inch of scrub per corner, still way under my 2 inch limit I was originally shooting for. I haven't done it yet, but I have the option to elongate the lower strut mounting bolt hole to increase negative camber. As I increase the negative camber at the lower bolt hole, I can lessen the amount of negative camber used at the camber plate, this will move the line out through the strut top and lower ball joint, and lessen the KPA that I currently have. The downside to this will be that it will increasethe scrub a little bit, and will only be done if I decide I need additional negative camber gain and less self centering steering (caster increases negative camber, KPA increases self steering characteristics/on center steering feel).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
soccer05 is offline   Reply With Quote