redline23
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 285799
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX 5-Door
WRB

Default Mismatched Tire Sizes

I just discovered today that I have mismatched tires on my wrx. 3 are the oem size 235 / 45 - 17 and one is 215 / 45 - 17. Circumference difference is 2.8%. I think the dealership locally might have screwed me over due to incompetence.

The tires are almost new and I got them for free from the dealer in March when I bought the car. I think there would have been 5 separate instances when someone should have looked over the tires if the error was made when I bought the car.

To me it looks obvious that one of the tires doesn't look right. It looks stretched and the smaller tire has a significantly smaller sidewall. That's why I think the local dealership ripped me off. They are adamant it is not their fault.

My question is, could I have damaged anything by driving ~60miles like this (or over 300 highway miles if the error was made when I got the tires)?

I have ordered a new Michelin x-ice xi2 today and will not be driving car until I get it next week. $200 :-(

Tldr: mismatched tires and wondering if I damaged anything by driving 60-300 miles like this.

Ps. I please excuse any errors, I am drunk and on mobile.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
redline23 is offline   Reply With Quote