View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:31 PM   #3310
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 309930
Join Date: Feb 2012
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
2013 STI Sedan
Plasma Blue Pearl


Originally Posted by prohobo View Post
What is even MORE frusterating is that my EXACT car (options) is sitting at another dealership (in Miami) and he will NOT budge OFF the MSRP price. I ordered the car for $2k less already, with $500 down. I am willing to make the drive and forgo my $500 bucks if he can match the price. The dude told me that they can sell in Miami at MSRP all day and he will NOT come down in price.

So is it worth it to spend an extra $2000 + $500 deposit loss ($2500) for a car or wait? I don't have the extra cash to sling.

Dealers will NOT trade with each other and if they do, they UP the fee of the car. It is SO frustrating.
They don't have much incentive to do so. With WRX/STis they know they can sell them for MSRP when they have them in stock. If they were to sell you it for cheaper, then not only will they lose out on that MSRP sale, they will also lose out on your order sale. Effectively, they are out a car sale.

Same thing happened with me. There's a 2012 STi PBP Sedan with 12k miles and Nav/STS/SPT Exhaust sitting at Heuberger and they want $36k for it. With those miles and the options I don't care about, I really didn't want it. Instead I'm waiting 4 months for a brand new 2013 STi PBP Sedan base for $33k. The 4 month wait sucks, but I don't mind waiting 4 months to save $3k and not have 12k miles .
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Horuku is offline   Reply With Quote