Old 11-09-2012, 08:46 PM   #633
P3Auto
Former Vendor

Member#: 241881
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2014 P3 Import Auto
AWD Dyno, Mods, etc

Don't bother with any other mods until you upgrade the downpipe off the turbo. This mod will allow you to safely run "stage 2" like tunes.

On your car the 3 port EBCS is only used if your having issues controlling boost now. I realize this sounds like a kind of blank statement but the fact is most of the time with a stock turbo the stock EBCS works just fine with a decent tune. I'm speaking in terms of your car make and model anyway.

DO NOT change the MAF or MAF tube diameter, this would be useless and would complicate and possibly cause some minor issues. This is only needed in the case of a heavily modified setup with an upgraded turbo. Your stock turbo will NEVER max out your stock MAF setup.

SF and other short ram intakes are neat and everything but your stock box is actually a very well designed part. Many people have run well past 325whp on the stock box. Before you upgrade consider the stock box is already a cold air intake, its already fairly short, and it flows just fine. You can easily just drop a K&N filter in the stock box for a little more flow and a filter than can be cleaned. There is close to no performance gain with the SF intake over stock. The only major difference would be sound, you will hear more of your intake with a short ram setup. One last thing, short rams that are not in a box or sectioned off from the engine bays are NOT cold air intakes; a short ram lands right above the exhaust manifold and the side of the motor. Its not a big deal up here in the cold air but I don't see much reason to bother with it.

So long to short....Save your money on the 3port EBCS ($125) and the cobb sf ($195), and get your self a nice Invidia divorced V3 downpipe for ($350 shipped). Then get a protune from us for $200 or so, or just use the cobb ap stage 2 tunes and you will see a world of difference.

Seth
P3 Import Autowerks 907.355.6655 text or phone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF Harris View Post
I'm not sure if you guys covered this or not, but I'm at a loss and would love some advice.

I have an 08 WRX with a Cobb AP. It's the only mod I have. My question is, should I beef up my bolt ons before seeking a pro tune? Or should I get a pro tune that maxs out my stock potential and then add bolt ons? If I have a custom pro tune then haven't I rendered my acessport useless?

I ask because I'm considering a Cobb SF intake, MAF, and a boost controller. Please advise.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
P3Auto is offline   Reply With Quote