Member#: 302950
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza STI
Pearl White

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameredi View Post
Replaced the IWG actuator on my B/W 8374 I was wondering why i wasn't making much power and after data logging I found i was only building 6# of Boost. Apparently the medium boost actuator and my tune don't get along, so as a band-aid I swapped in the high boost actuator leaving it fairly loose so it doesn't damage the stock engine

I hope it will bring me up to ~15# so I can still play a bit while trying to raise cash to give to Dominic for my new engine

While i was down there i also checked the header/up-pipe bolts for the first time since i put the rotated kit in.
Did some data logging on my STI today and i am hitting 15# . It was nice just to get out in a no traffic area and wind out the motor with the size of this turbo (between GT35-GT40) I was concerned that my boost threshold would be near 5k. the logs are showing that i have boost totally in by 4500, only 500 rpm more than my Blouch 2.5. I am looking forward to the new motor and getting it re-tuned for this turbo and seeing what it does after Lance @ Cobb fiddles the bits.
this weekend I and going to install my Mudflaps and i
need to re-route some coolant lines that will finish the rotated install.
This EFR 8374 is awesome, the noise it makes at 15# is awesome, I think i will love it at 27#. I also stopped by Perrin today to show my Logs to them and they now have all the EFR Turbos in stock (the ones that matter to us)
they have the EFR 7670, EFR 8374 and EFR 7064 ready to go with their V- band Rotated kits. For all of you all who have been drooling over these for the past year (like i was) now is your chance to get them just in time for Christmas
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cameredi is offline   Reply With Quote