Old 11-10-2012, 09:26 PM   #683
kpluiten
Scooby Guru

Member#: 120273
Chapter/Region: SWIC
Vehicle:
06 WRBWRXWGN
Now with 100% more Spec-C

The next problem with the Version 8 EJ207 intake manifold is that the USDM fuel rails do not fit. Because it is a straight runner, TGV-less manifold, the fuel rails mount much lower on the manifold. I think it's similar to the 2.5i/RS manifolds, but I'm not certain. I could have used the OEM fuel rails that came with the motor, but I had a set of Turbo XS rails sitting around and I thought it would be fun to make them work.

Using this photo again, you can see the differences in the two mounting positions of the fuel rails:

So, just as with the throttle body adapter, I sat down in front of the TV with both sets of rails and both manifolds and CAD'd up a solution in the form of an adapter bracket.

This was V1, 3D printed:

And it was 100% wrong. Oops. Thank got for free 3D printing. After another CAD session and some time with the calipers and cardboard templates, I came up with V2.

The lower holes will bolt to the manifold. The hex key bolt holes are counter-bored and low profile bolts are use so that they sit below the TXS fuel rail.

Again, my manifold is at the powder coater, so use you imagination.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
kpluiten is offline   Reply With Quote