Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326909
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by antifeik View Post
Hey arsa13, when did you order yours? What did you tell the dealer so they gave you a courtesy car? Thanks in advance.
Details of my order and such.
Submitted order to the dealer on 7/17/12, officially submitted to SoA on 8/8/12.

On July 17, when I went to Grand Subaru I was honest with Joe (the sales manager) and told him I was going to sell my current car (at the time) privately. I asked him if he could set up a courtesy car for a couple weeks before my order came in, in the event I sell my car before the Subaru comes in, and he agreed. I don't know... Maybe I got lucky? Is my dealer unusually nice? I did sell my car 2 weeks (to the day) after I placed my order with SoA, and I let the dealer know I was car-less in September when I began calling for weekly updates. I made sure to talk to a couple different people in case one guy was out, I didn't have to rely on him. Also, more people knew me this way, and knew I was without a car (almost) the whole time.

This was of course back in JULY of this year, when almost any dealer would have told you 6-8 or 6-10 weeks for an order, so I can't imagine that my dealer was expecting a 16 week time frame for my order.

If you're without a vehicle I'd ask your dealer for a courtesy car for a week or two, and just be honest. It's a reasonable request, so I don't see why they'd argue or deny it.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote