Old 11-12-2012, 01:40 PM   #44
Davenow
Scooby Guru

Member#: 23676
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderousProduction View Post
Yes im running 300+ on a TD04, I know its said to be the impossible but I didn't relay all that's done to my engine either (internal stuff, higher compression). and 02-12 wrx 5 speeds all suffer the same problem. I went through 2 standard gearsets in 2000 miles. Either STI or Rallispec gear swap (What I did).

Subaru are a great platform for high cost. 10k+ build but as all others have said its not something you can cheap on. Ive already got 9500 into mine with a very good base car and ive got another 98,000 till im happy.
I don't care what internal work, internal work doesn't make more power. Forged everything, makes absolutely not even 1/10th of a hp, it only makes things stronger, not more powerful. Higher compression will, but that will affect torque a LOT more than HP. Your tuner is full of ****. Your car and your tuner arent some magical combination that makes 50-70whp more than thousands of other cars with the exact same setup. I would put your motor at somewhere around 250-260whp, unless you have fairly extensive head work and cams you arent telling us about.

You can go through 500 gearsets bone stock, power has nothing to do with that, and if you are breaking gears on your mod list, its your driving, not the power your motor is putting out.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Davenow is offline   Reply With Quote