I took the bellhousing off the transmission and mounted it on the mockup motor. I also placed some shims on the subframe to lower it about 3/4". I had to make about a 3/8in dent on the drivers side of the tunnel so the bellhousing would clear.
I then put the motor on jackstands and aligned it into place. The steering rack now has much more clearance and went from being about 3" below the subframe to about 1" below the subframe. The motor still has a little room to be raised so I may only have to drop the rack about 1/2" which I can make up for with a bumpsteer kit
The intake sticks out only slightly and I am able to close the hood but it very tight but I should be able to slightly modify that portion of the hood to clear