Douchebag Moderator

Member#: 149626
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2005 CGM FXT
Rocket Box! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaedikus View Post
idk guys, IAG explained my CEL code was a result of a catless DP on an 04 STI without a proper tune. the car was rejecting cruise control and eventually threw a CEL/"Cruise" light blink at me. they explained that this was caused by a difference in backpressure that the car wasnt tuned for.

i doubt IAG lied to me to get extra $$, but theres always that possibility. anyway, after i swapped back to an OEM DP the code was cleared and there hasnt been a problem since.
Definitely a P0420 code, or maybe an overboost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAouttaVA View Post
Just checked out the thread for the meet. I usually close on Thursday's since that's the night manager's day off. But we just got another team leader (almost manager that I get to make do things I don't care for) and he should be assuming the role of the backup night shift manager after a couple weeks of training. This is a weekly thing, correct?
All good, there may be a wings meet in Ashburn next Monday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONKILR View Post
There is no such DTC's for back pressure. The codes you had were likely due to the lack of the catalytic converter. It should have a stored code of P0420 catalyst efficiency below threshhold. IAG knows there stuff and I know just as much. Maybe you misunderstood what they were trying to explain?

jake
Bingo.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Abnormal is offline   Reply With Quote