View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #8
yenny
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 143116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindyn11 View Post
I Wouldnt worry if staying stock.

stock tune does get pretty lean entering boost however.
I see. the stock tune is still lean, Subaru hasn't changed that. bummer. Darn epa requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Scotty View Post
the FIRST thing id do with any new fi subaru is get it tuned to get rid of the bad factory tune
That's the catch 22 I'm facing. Run stock with a stock lean tune. if it blows, SOA should cover it. Unless they blame it on abuse. OR run OTS stg 1 tune for a safer tune, but if something then happens and SOA sees that it was reflashed back to stock tune, then the ringland may not be covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinshawWRX View Post
Search, there is an ENTIRE thread about this in 2.5L

The instance of ringland failures will always be there, how played out it is depends on how many members are actually saying anything and how many owners are members.
yea I guess, the underlying problem, lean AFR's when hitting boost before going to a richer AFR is still ongoing. Just seems like I read less about actual cases on the 2011+ models. So maybe something in the stock tune did change a bit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2cpc View Post
IF you buy one don't do anything that Subaru can even remotely point to as a possible cause for the failure, because they will!
I have read this to be true. Not all cases, but some where warranty was denied on a stock vehicle if tire wear or something else indicated abuse
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
yenny is offline   Reply With Quote