Member#: 335696
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack ffr1846 View Post
I think this is total urban legend.

When the car comes, it has the build sticker with all the options. If the options are listed on it, you pay what was originally agreed upon. If those options are missing from the sticker but have been added in the car, then you have to pay for your impatience.

Has your dealer called you to offer you this or are you just listening to morons? If they did call, you simply say "Ok, cancel my order. I'll be down to collect my deposit....I'm getting a Mustang instead, they have exactly what I want on the lot".

Or find the car somewhere else.
Urban Legend? Well, since I have never heard of it, nor has anyone else it would seem, and I was "told" this was more of a recent scam, then I don't think it would qualify as an Urban Legend - yet.

This was only what I was told by a guy I know that is a Audi dealer. Note, he was NOT trying to sell me a car - we were just talking about my STI that I ordered. He asked me - about my ordering and how it went. I think he was just interested in the options. When I told him that I was told the car was going to be DELAYED for a few weeks, that is when he told me the story about it. He said it was something more recent, last couple of years, and becoming more prevalent. I don't know why he would lie to me about it, but to be fair, I also don't know if he has first hand knowledge either.

It does make sense and I can understand with the last couple of years of a significant slow down in sales that dealers are always looking for an edge.

While I do agree that the sticker shows all the options, is it not possible for the dealer just to order your car SHORT those options from the factory and just add them as a dealer install?

It certainly doesn't seem that difficult and while it maybe improbable, it doesn't mean it's impossible.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote