Old 11-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #17
Jack
Add Lightness

Member#: 13699
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2007 Lotus Elise
(From General)

If this were something that was going on, it's a simple bait and switch and has been going on for a hundred years.

Let's say for argument's sake that it is going on. So the dealer takes your order and what? Doesn't place it? Because why? Then some random car comes and he says he'll install options at a higher price. Ok. that's a pretty low probability risk of them actually having a customer take it. Wouldn't it be easier for them to ..... Oh, I don't know.... place the order for the car as you are ready to buy?

Ok.....now here is something that I would believe: Ready? You place your order. Car comes in and someone sees it, falls in love with it and is willing to buy it for $2000 more than your agreed price. Dealer sells to him and scrambles to get you a car. They offer you a different car and offer to install the options that it doesn't have. Now, that one I can believe. If you say no, he says it's going to be longer. Why? He just sold your car to someone else and is placing an order for you right now. And you know what? That's a trick older than me.

So perhaps the Audi friend is such a n00b that he hasn't heard these very old tactics and is like "oh man....listen to what some un-named dealer-but-not-me is doing" like it's never been seen before. But he misinterpreted something or forgot some details.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote