Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335696
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2013 STI (5dr)
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horuku View Post
You would have to be pretty dense to fall for this. If they offer you a car with things you don't want at a price you didn't agree upon, you just walk away.

And then what, do they keep your car on the lot for another X amount of weeks until when you are supposed to pick it up?
I don't think one would have to be dense to fall for this. You have the option of having your car EARLIER but for a few more dollars so the options can be added by the dealer or waiting and get it later for the price you agreed to. I think the dealer would try to make this sound more like an OPTION if you choose to get it earlier, but have to share in the cost of adding the options at the dealer, rather than the factory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando View Post
hmm my common sense says:

If they try to give you a car with a higher price or lower options, for example, what you did not order. Tell them NO. Problem solved. Then you either wait for your car that was ordered, or cancel your order and get $ back.

Why do people need to post simple questions that common sense should answer for them.

Hey guys, the light on my gas gauge is on, should i get gas or will it go away?
I think you are missing the point, you are not getting a car with lower options for a higher price. You are getting the car you ordered with the option you ordered, but those options are added at the dealer (rather than the factory) which costs more.

I am not sure why this seems so hard to fathom or why it seems to draw so much argumentative type commentary.

I sure didn't mean to start a flame thread or drum up the hate. I appreciate if I didn't do a good job in my initial op to warrant a more detailed explanation.

I thought it interesting to share, guess not... sorry...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote