Old 11-13-2012, 09:14 PM   #4915
Texas Shooter
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 174881
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2002 Stage 2 Wagon
Black 'n Blue

Default Now that my wagon and I are older...

Short version: I want more positive camber in the front.

Long Version: I am on MadDad Road Hugga springs (very close to STi springs I'm told) with Wagon GR2's. Ride height is great, spring rates are fine. I have had a few different alignments and gone through a few sets of tires while loving the handling over the past 4 years. Now my daily driver/family hauler needs less cornering prowess and more tire longevity.

As it sits with the front camber bolts at max positive I'm at -.9/-1.0 deg. On a side note, I can get almost -2 deg with the stock bolts. -.9 is an ok daily driver camber, except that I spend 90%+ of my time on the highway. Even with regular rotations (and wheel flip/ inside-out changes to put the wear side out) the sides show steel while the center is barely showing the wear bars. Toe is zero all around.

I was seriously considering some camber plates but since it is now just a daily driver I can't justify the cost. I still read that there is not a great solution to not enough negative camber when using Sedan struts so I was considering that road but still seems expensive parts to throw at a head-scratcher.

I know nothing is bent, two trustworthy alignment shops have given me the same numbers (with me under the car watching the adjustments and the computer) and I still feel like I'm missing something.

Any guru's want to chime in? If this seems reasonable, any idea of how much positive camber I can get with aftermarket bolts in the bottom holes? Thanks for any help you can offer.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Texas Shooter is offline   Reply With Quote