View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #1
Tarostar
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 337708
Default Think I may have lucked out. Advice please.

I was debating canceling my Oct 4th order last night due to the order delays. I send the dealer a message letting them know my concerns, and started looking into other cars. Out of habit, I plugged a WRX search into AutoTrader with a 300 mile radius. For the last few weeks, it has just brought up a handful of hatchbacks and STIs. This time, though, it returned a 2013 CBS WRX a couple states away. It's only missing one or two of the options I had ordered, but the most important items are there. I called them this morning and learned it had just come in that day. The guy I first spoke to didn't even know there was one on the lot. It still has the protective coating on it and everything. I put a deposit down and I'm waiting to get the paperwork sent to me. I'm considering getting them to ship it down to me. They estimated it would cost $700. Have any of you done something like this? How difficult is it to register and title a car in NC when you buy new in another state? What issues will I face when it is time for vehicle maintenance? Any pitfalls I should be aware of? Hopefully the NC dealer that put my order in will cancel it without a big fuss. I'd rather not get into a dispute with them.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Tarostar is offline   Reply With Quote