View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 02:02 AM   #8
hozouria
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 332388
Vehicle:
2012 DGM WRX Hatch
2005 Saab 9-3 Linear

If it's a long drive away from you, do NOT drive the car back. The last thing you want to do with a brand new car is put hundreds of highway miles on the engine. Do yourself and the engine a favor and ship it. $700 isn't bad.

I bought my car from Minnesota and had it shipped to San Diego. I desssperately wanted to fly there and drive back, but the master mechanic at my dealership here in SD told me it was a bad idea. The dealer I worked with from Minnesota was nice enough to already get most of the documents I needed processed at the DMV here. Because the car was never sold before, it hasn't been registered. So you buy the car from their Subaru dealership, they ship it, and you register it at your local DMV just like any other car. It's not any different. Take your new car and have it serviced at the suggested intervals from a dealership in the area you like. It's important to develop a good rapport.

There isn't anything tricky about registration and getting the title. That's all done in your state. Doesn't matter where the car came from, so long as it's new. Maintenance should be no different than if you purchased the car from your local dealership. Some dealers have free maintenance plans if you purchase the car from their dealership, but otherwise, it's no different. If you go on to mysubaru.com you can find your local dealership and they'll send you service coupons.

My transaction was such a breeze. I have yet to fall into any "pitfalls"...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
hozouria is offline   Reply With Quote