Scooby Newbie

Member#: 326909
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Premium
5MT 5-Door Marine Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy1100 View Post
If you are planning to spend thousands on accessories, then just do a hid retrofit, don't just put hids in your reflector housings, you will create too much glare.
I'm only looking at about $370 worth of accessories right now. The sport mesh grill and the splash guards are the only things worth mentioning, because the license plate bracket and center console tray are pretty much drop-in items. Later on, next Spring I'll be looking at roof and bike racks, and possibly the short-shifter kit and lightweight crank pulley.

How would I go about the HID retrofit? Is there a thread or a site you recommend? I believe I'll need new ballasts for the hid's as well, correct?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dat8687 View Post
My loaner was a new impreza... got around 30-32mpg average city and highway
Nice! I didn't have a choice. The Forester is 1000X better than riding my Trek every day to work, especially since it's now in the low 20's at night when I come home around 11:30pm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unabomber View Post
I am the only person on earth that can get you a discount on Kartboy. PM the pic(s) of a hot babe and I'll set you up.
I didn't see a lightweight crank pulley from Kartboy. I saw that the Perrin lightweight crank pulley is only about $100 after the discount from Infamous Performance. I will definitely remember to contact you before I buy the Kartboy shifter kit (KB-002-LEG-WRX08). I found it online for about $160 shipped. I'm assuming you can do better than that.

Sidenote: I placed an order yesterday with Chris at LatheWerks for a custom hybrid shift knob. I'll post pics when it comes in. I wonder what will come first, the shift knob or my car? If I was a betting man, I'd put my money on the shift knob!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
arsa13 is offline   Reply With Quote