Originally Posted by MaxCarnage
Well after waiting and not hearing anything back from my dealer rep I called and he told me my order is on "hold" along with 8 other orders. He said he asked himself and cannot get a reason as to why Subaru has these cars and many others on hold. I called SoA last Friday and they told me the exact same thing with no answer as to why the status of my car and many others is on "hold". I have yet to receive a VIN# so I have no idea if my car has even been built. I expressed my concerns with my dealer rep and told him I am rather displeased with the wait (ordered 8/9/12) and communication. He said sorry and asked me to wait until Dec 1st and if I heard nothing by then he suggested to look into another option. The only other option I have semi-considered is the Mazda CX-5, but its bigger and is a SUV and I would prefer a car instead. Not to mention it gets pricier quicker, especially equipped with awd. So my options are rather limited for awd platforms unless I get a SUV, or I will have to sacrifice awd and find a fwd car. Either way the impreza is still my #1 choice and I sure hope it gets here sooner than later so I don't have to choose something else.
Hopefully others are having better luck out there. I came into this experience of buying a new car (This will be my 2nd car I've bought new) happy, but as the days roll on and both SoA/Dealer unable to give me any information about the car after 3+ months of waiting, the happiness is getting replaced with frustration and annoyance! Maybe I should just wait until 2014 be naughty and get a 2.0 WRX
I'm actually really liking the Forester. The ride height is nice, and it has pretty decent power. It gets up to speed fast and I always feel in complete control. The downside is that it costs more, and doesn't get the MPG's the Impreza does. I know I'll like my Impreza more, but you still might want to check it out for comparison. There's plenty more of them available and I'm sure you could get a good price given your situation.
You, Max, should call SoA and tell someone your story. Be patient and polite (I was) and ask them to give you a credit for your troubles and ridiculous wait time. I got $500, I think that's the least they should do for you in your situation. I have no idea why I'd be getting my car before you, seeing as I'm in the midwest and you're on the west coast. I keep checking cars.com and my dealers website every day. I see a few (12-14) 2013 5MT MBP (hatches) premiums/sport premiums around the country on cars.com. My Impreza has yet to appear on the dealers wbesite, but that's not really that important. I think I'll be waiting until the 26th, which is fine with me now that I have a car instead of a bicycle!