shaX 07
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 214530
Vehicle:
2013 Veloster Turbo
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender View Post
guys, the veloster is an econ car. you can get a turbo one for $22K. at that price, you're not getting a 2.0L 300HP eng or AWD. it's not going to compete with a $35K STi
Thank you. Someone who understands what the car actually IS and what it was built FOR.

$22k is right. Don't listen to all these car mags who say "oh this car costs $26k so it's not worth it". When all they've done is added the expensive Ultimate Packagae for $2,500 which adds a Panoramic sunroof, back up camera, and a couple other tech goodies, and they also like to add either an Auto Trans or the Matte Paint, both of which add another $1,000.

Hyundai is also offering $500 military and a $500 motozuma discount right now, so I got my VT for $21,915 including destination. Pretty sweet price for all that you get. The Base VT comes pretty damn loaded as is (7" touch screen stereo with sub, heated leather interior, projector headlights, Power everything, proximity key w/ push button start, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Jesus View Post
It's got a cracker jack suspension anyway.. so even with 300hp and AWD it still wouldn't compete with an STI.
Have you driven the car, or are you going off of car mag reviews?

Yes the car does have a solid rear axle and it is not ideal, but the car actually handles pretty well. The steering is pretty tight and body roll is very minimal. I was concerned about the car's handling characteristics before I bought mine, but after driving it for 2,500 miles now I am not worried in the least. It handles pretty well IMO and the only time you really even notice the solid rear axle is when you're going over some hefty bumps at higher speeds.

And this is even on stock tires. the Stock tires are crap on the VT (Kumho Solus something) so I can only imagine how much better it would be with a nice set of KDWs, which I plan to have next summer.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
shaX 07 is offline   Reply With Quote