View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #33
poorlilpoop
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 54666
Vehicle:
2005 WRX
WRB

Yup. This sounds real. I have very similar story. It's not Subaru dealership. It involves Jeep dealership.

My girlfriend's sister bought a jeep about 4 weeks ago. She wanted brand new jeep wrangler and she ordered the car from the website. This way, she can get exact color and options that she wanted. She was willing to pay the full MSRP price and all.

She showed me what she ordered and the price. Personally, I think it's over priced, but whatever. If she wants it and is willing to pay for it, why not?

Fast forward couple of days.
She comes to visit, and things have changed little bit. She got a call from a dealer. The dealer said they found one wrangler that's very close to her order in west cost, and she can get it quicker if she takes that one. EXCEPT, it has few upgrades that she didn't ask for. It had upgraded tires and 17' rims (stock is 16') and better radio/audio system.

Her jeep is now 30K+

I told her to **** that. I advised her to tell the dealership, she will walk, if she does not get what she ordered on the web or give her the jeep as it sits. She will never go off-roading, or even take the top off. She ordered it with a hardtop, so she doesn't have to take it off.

I gave her all the advice I can give. I also told her that I think dealership is ****ing with her. Eventually, I stop trying. She thinks I'm insulting her at that point. She is very head strong, or maybe I was.

Even with all the advice I gave her, she end up paying the extra because she wanted to have the car earlier.

Fast forward to present.

She still DOES NOT HAVE THE CAR.

I can definitely, see how people can fall for this.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
poorlilpoop is offline   Reply With Quote