Originally Posted by Djent
Well here is the dilemma. My dealer was telling me it would take until feb for my car to come (ordered on early October) because he said "the factories will be closed for MULtIPLE weeks due to holidays (which I believe is a lie).
So I want to propose that he sell me the sti that's on the lot by taking off the spy exhaust (only option on it) and price matching me and he gets to keep my deposit.. Would this be doable in your opinion?
I'm not sure why you wouldn't believe it could take til Feb to have your car if you just ordered in October. People ordered since August and still haven't received their cars. Look like 3-4 months is the average wait time now for all special orders. Some may get lucky in some region and have one pipeline to their order earlier but very rare. If you really want the car matching what you like and not wanting to pay a premium price on it then I suggest to just wait. There's no incentive for any dealer to sell you a Low production/High demand car that they can easily sell at usually around MSRP at a price that they discounted for you because you helped them help you with a car.
Evanston Subaru can correct me on this but the one of the big reason dealers are willing to lower price on orders is because the orders will eventually earn them more stock allotment from Subaru for the next fiscal year. So if you want to have an easier time finding a new car in the future it'll probably better to help your dealer by ordering the car lol.