View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:40 PM   #3458
Djent
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335681
Chapter/Region: International

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan87us

I'm not sure why you wouldn't believe it could take til Feb to have your car if you just ordered in October. People ordered since August and still haven't received their cars. Look like 3-4 months is the average wait time now for all special orders. Some may get lucky in some region and have one pipeline to their order earlier but very rare. If you really want the car matching what you like and not wanting to pay a premium price on it then I suggest to just wait. There's no incentive for any dealer to sell you a Low production/High demand car that they can easily sell at usually around MSRP at a price that they discounted for you because you helped them help you with a car.

Evanston Subaru can correct me on this but the one of the big reason dealers are willing to lower price on orders is because the orders will eventually earn them more stock allotment from Subaru for the next fiscal year. So if you want to have an easier time finding a new car in the future it'll probably better to help your dealer by ordering the car lol.
Thanks for your input. It put my situation into perspective in respect to a lot of other members who waited for extended periods of time. I know the car101.com website said stis would take a little longer to deliver, but I don't see why the salesman had to lie to me about the factories being closed for weeks due to a holiday. I guess I'll just order all my parts an forget about it until jan or feb rolls around. No use in getting my panties bunched up over something that's out of my scope of control.

Djent
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Djent is offline   Reply With Quote