Member#: 336409
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
2012 STI
Plasma Blue

Default Are you happy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuthlessVandal View Post
Incubus, I had the same thing happen to me, 06 STI at around 92,00km on the factory turbo and long block. Pulled the p0011 codes and lost boost pressure. I feel for you and if you don't have filings in the oil you are doing better than me, much better. My oil levels were fine when it happened, I was told by the dealer that the supply line was faulty and that the turbo bearings died from starvation then decided to blow apart. (At the dealer because of a useless 3rd party warranty) Life ended for the stock motor and turbo with catastrophic failure. If you are lucky you can get back on the road with just a short block and turbo.
I unfortunately didn't have that luck and am now $20,000 deep into a new motor from Josh at IRR and Sean at Vigilant Motorsports. I am new to tuner cars and this stuff all came unexpected as I was keeping up with the oil changes and maintenance myself. I was noticing a significant amount of burn in the last few months before the turbo kicked the bucket but was told it's "normal" could have saved myself some big money with a preemptive turbo swap.....
At least this build is gonna be huge....
Good luck with your repairs.

Which block and heads did you go with? And a you still happy with the build?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
jaybo769 is offline   Reply With Quote