c4ss1n0va
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 281741
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2002 WRX sedan
MBP

Default Tuning Day!!!...

Its been a while since i updated this thread, and a lot has happened since the last post.. back in march i decided to drive the bugeye from Hollywood to Austin... the suby had other plans... the salvage block turned out to be a bad choice... ended up spinning a rod bearing just shy of phoenix... could only find half the bearing when i cracked the block, the other half had ground down and combined with some oil to make a nasty metallic paste... found out later it could have been caused by turbo boost creep... 300 mile ride in a tow truck back to LA... immediately re packed my truck and drove to austin straight to play a show for SXSW... Suby sat at home crippled once again while i was on the road for 4 months...

got back to building mid july... found a good deal on a closed deck EJ20 z20 at outfront ms in Buena Park (they also hooked me up with a great valve job)... I fit the block with a new OEM X drilled crank, Manley rods, CP pistons, king racing bearings... assembled and installed engine before i realized that metal pasty oil got to my turbo, and it needed to be rebuilt...

Once that was taken care of, i discovered my turbo creep problem during my second stab at a dyno tune @ cobb socal (Those guys are AWESOME by the way... helped a lot answering questions i had about the build) .. which meant new turbo or external waste gate (not $o awesome)...

i decided to order the TiAl MV-S 38mm v-band EWG and while i was at it ordered a red Grimmspeed Air/Oil Separator, but before they got here i got hit by a car on my skateboard and cracked both sides of my skull and popped a few blood vessels in my brain.. which kinda put me out of it for a bit... luckily about a month later i was well enough to get back to work.. and today she is finally tuned!!!

looks pretty much the same under the hood (plus the AOS)

Battle Tank WRX!!!
303WHP/254TQ @ 18PSI 91 octane

16G turbo
ID1000cc
walbro 255
cobb intake
Grimspeed port n polish intake/exhaust manifold
TGV deletes
Ported Heads
TMIC
HKS downpipe
hks catback
Grimspeed xross pipe
Grimspeed EBCS
Grimspeed EWG up pipe
TiAl MV-S 38MM EWG
Gimmick turbo inlet

Big Injectors for a lower IDC for now and to leave me space for a turbo upgrade in the future... when the engine destroys the stock trans, that'll be my excuse to rebuild and upgrade it, and hopefully it'll last me long enough to save up for a sweet suspension upgrade too, so i can do them at the same time... but for now... she's perfect!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by c4ss1n0va; 11-15-2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: wrong city for machine shop
c4ss1n0va is offline   Reply With Quote