View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:24 AM   #3763
EnterTheDragon
Scooby Guru

Member#: 6511
Chapter/Region: NWIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchjamesarnol View Post
Crossfit im my mind is being the best you can be at whatever is thrown at your way. OK... You say I won't get any stronger after doing an hour worth of burpees with pushups? I did build my endurance, stamina, muscle memory, whatever it was, I certainly did not getting any weaker. I guarantee I will get stronger and faster.

Stupid or whatever you want to call it, don't knock it if you haven't done it.
Your definitions skewed. Are you the best squatter you can be? Are you the best marathon runner you can be? Can you run the fastest mile physically capable? No you aren't and your randomn couplets/triplets/etc-lets (which by the way doesn't make it Crossfit) won't get you there. If you want to be the best at anything, you specialize which is not what Crossfit is about..unless you're trying to specialize at, well, Crossfit.

A page or two back you mentioned being weak at Oly lifts.. you're failing your own definition.

I'm not here to say you didn't gain anything from doing 400+ burpees, you know your body better than anyone, but nobody else in the fitness world is doing 400+ burpees to gain strength or endurance.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by EnterTheDragon; 11-15-2012 at 02:38 AM.
EnterTheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote