My winter prep work is almost done. Included pics for most of what's been taken care of thus far.
Started with some tint and clear bra installation (front, hood, fends and mirrors) from the great team at CCA Motorsports. Cannot recommend them enough and the great work they do. People ask all the time where to get tint done and hands down the level of detail done is unmatched. Can't begin to express how great it is to have clear bra either, pony up the money folks, you will not regret ever getting it. A true life save to your paint with gravel we have to endure during the winter and breakup season.
Next up, got a steal on some factory SE BBS wheels that were going to be prepped and powdercoated. Owner decided to just sell off and reduce his current fleet of wheels. Wasn't really sure what I wanted to with them since they're for the winter. I decided to just prep, prime and paint w/ clearcoat the wheels in black. At this point I like it so much I'll probably redo them for the more durable powdercoating next season. The set was in pretty much great to near perfect condition. However, I used some filler from Hi-Tech Paint on Lake Otis to fill in the very minor chips (only a couple) that I found. Let that harden, sanded by hand and then proceeded to sandblast the wheels overall and finish the corners/edges by hand. Primer/filler, sanded lightly and cleaned. Started to layer on the paint, followed by the clearcoat, then finished with heat lamps to help hurry the process as snow was coming down. Wheels were wrapped in Hakkapelida 2s. Was my first time ever doing this, I feel they came out pretty decent.
Next in the prep labor work of things done is credited to the great team at Underground Performance. The level of pressionalism and workmanship they've provided is greatly appreciated. (Tribal Mike, Nick and Chris thanks a ton) To start off a full fluid change(oil + filter, transmission, transfer case, rear differential and lastly coolant) was done with all Amsoil products that I had ordered.
Signature 5w30 for the Oil
MTG GL4 + Syncromesh combo/blend for the tranny
Severegear 75w90 for the t-case and rear diff
In addition to all that, had the timing belt, balancing belt and serpentine belt replaced (Gates Racing). All necessary tensioners and idlers with OEM or Gates parts as well. Updated OEM Cylinder bracket, crank sensor blade and assembly.(finishing tomorrow) All done to address a common manufacture problem in the 9s.
Next up, Vortex generator paint matched w/ OEM S2k shorty antenna
Rally Armor Classic Mudflaps (Thank you Seth for the great price on these)
Beatrush Underpanel. Complete underpanel skid plate, took me awhile to source one out as they're no longer made. DRTPLZ and I took awhile translating the Japanese only instructions and also making adjustments to the overall fitment. May need to make some more custom changes down the line, primarily more clearance for the downpipe.
A better view what it looks like since the car is not raised high enough
Lastly, raised the ride height up 1inch on the coilovers for obviously some more clearance through the snow. That's pretty much it for now. Have a custom fabricated HVAC relocation kit in the making, OEM JDM center bezel on order for a double din install. Probably a PLX 4 sensor hookup as well to compliment later this month.