Member#: 316221
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
06 WRX Wagon Ltd.
UGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeodCeb21 View Post
so i have a question, and i hope you bag gurus dont flame for asking this

Can you put struts in you subie if you have bags? I know the point of being bagged is the fact that you can play with the height and not have to worry about being so low that you can't go up a driveway, but lets say that you like to roll pretty low, and you get to a huge bump or whatever, is the best thing to do just push a button and go up or can you rely on the stiffness of a strut bar and possibly 3-wheel it?

I've had this question in my mind for a long time, so any help would be great! and btw, i love bags and all the cars featured here! Cant wait to install them on my wagon!
I think you may be a bit confused about what air suspension is for a Subaru. With the kits that we sell for Subarus, you replace your struts with an air strut. That is, a strut that has been re-valved (to be more ideal for the physics of a rubber air spring) and instead of a normal coil spring, you have an air spring! So, you still have four struts, but rather than four coil springs, you have air springs. Here is a picture to serve as a visual aid, pictured are the Air Lift Performance 02-07 Struts.

In my opinion, the best thing to do when you reach an obstacle is to air up to avoid damaging any part of your vehicle. Rockers, exhaust and bumper are the obvious potential dingers when going over a big speedbump or a steep driveway. You can however, absolutely choose to tackle the obstacle without airing up.

If you have any further questions, feel free to shoot me a PM or e-mail john@bagriders.com, I'm happy to answer any questions you can think of! We can also be reached by phone M-F 9am-5pm EST at 802.735.2574 if you want to chat about air

Here's a couple shots from Zak DePiero's visit last month! Awesome dude, awesome photographer -- check out Zak DePiero Photography on Facebook!

Don't mind the silly BMW in the picture, that's our company e92 that we built an air setup for over the winter

Keep 'em comin folks! I'm hoping to see a bunch of our recent customers posting up shots as they finish installs. Don't be shy guys, we all want to see the results of your hard work!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bag Riders Air Ride is offline   Reply With Quote