Scooby Guru

Member#: 44501
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
1984 "Skeletor from
"He-Man"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaX 07 View Post
Have you driven the car, or are you going off of car mag reviews?

Yes the car does have a solid rear axle and it is not ideal, but the car actually handles pretty well. The steering is pretty tight and body roll is very minimal. I was concerned about the car's handling characteristics before I bought mine, but after driving it for 2,500 miles now I am not worried in the least. It handles pretty well IMO and the only time you really even notice the solid rear axle is when you're going over some hefty bumps at higher speeds.

And this is even on stock tires. the Stock tires are crap on the VT (Kumho Solus something) so I can only imagine how much better it would be with a nice set of KDWs, which I plan to have next summer.
I don't need to drive the car to know that the torsion beam rear suspension is going to be a limiting factor (for balancing handling with the ability to put down power). You thinking it handles great means nothing.. there are hundreds of NASIOC users who swear up and down their WRXs and STIs handle better on Tein S-Tech springs.

Yeah, keep upping the grip .. you won't understand the downsides until you're going backwards off the road... or, you know.. do the research and learn why it's a cracker-jack suspension and why adding grip is just asking for trouble.

I'm sure the Veloster Turbo is a perfectly fun car to drive around town.. but it's no platform for a performance car and definitely not a good starting point for tuning.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Calamity Jesus is online now   Reply With Quote