Hi guys. I am trying to understand what a race preped head stands for. I want you to help me see which parts are different and the effect. What I mean is :
· I understand porting and port matching
· I understand that it will have heat resistant valve et valve seat (like titanium for the valves and beryllium for the seats)
· Probably a hi performance gasket to avoid any leaks (plus maybe a O’RING)
· Springs are going to be stiffer
· They’ll probably have more aggressive cams.
· And probably beefed up studs to keep the head from popping
What else ? And what will differentiate a “hi performance” head vs “racing”. Is there something else than CFM flow and head resistance that’s improved ?
Are the heads sold by mainstream companies like cosworth race heads or hi perf heads ?
If you have any reference, please post the link and I’ll read it. No bashing : I did not know how to find a precise answer.