Scooby Newbie

Member#: 309997
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2010 STI
Blick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelen View Post
How is an email any different than a typed out letter? Minus the wasting of paper, stamp, envelope and ink of course.

A properly written letter shouldn't make a difference in how it's delivered, I can understand you having a preference but ignoring the fact that the rest of the world uses email to communicate and calling it fake is a slight bit ignorant.

you're entitled to your opinion of course, but mine is the opposite of yours. I prefer email to phone calls, mail and people dropping by.

the joy of technology for me is that I can respond when I have time. People aren't constantly interrupting me allowing me more time to complete my tasks at hand. When I have a moment I can respond and collect my thoughts to provide a better answer to a question or have a minute or to to research something. It allows me the flexibility to complete my jobs on time
Chesh nailed all the good talking points, but I'll take it just a bit further. I love people like you. Because it means people like me will always have a job. The kids these days that assume social networking is the end all be all, are slapped in the face in the real world when they finally come to realize that the real world requires real personal interaction. Employers want to see who they're talking to, how you act, present yourself, etc. Anything short of walking in to say hi is usually considered to be "non-personal" and you are written off.

I walked into a Jiffy Lube once many years ago, on a day off. I hadn't planned on being dressed up in a sport shirt and tie with slacks and shoes (had a nice lunch I was going to) but I asked for the manager and asked if he was hiring for entry level to learn. He gave me an application and interviewed me on the spot, and explained to me the ONLY reason he gave me a shot was because I took the job seriously by presenting myself in a professional matter, even though the job itself entailed being covered in grease and oil all day.

Didn't get the job (had 2 speeding tickets and for some stupid reason they wanted clean records) but my example is no less relevant.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Fade2black02 is offline   Reply With Quote