Delaware
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 325921
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Pearl

Default Odd MPG Question

I have a 2012 Impreza 2.0i Hatchback and I absolutely love it, with the exception of the mpgs. I now have almost 19,000 miles and I initially complained about the mpg when I first bought it. Up until my last oil change over a month ago, I was averaging between 31-32.8 mpg. Now I am consistently average around 28. I know that the gas switches over to "winter gas" and that will have an effect but I wouldn't think they would switch at the beginning of October, which is when I noticed the decrease, and immediately after I had it serviced. Is there something the dealership could have done maybe to the computer system to effect my mpg? As much as I like the sales and gm of the dealership, I have had a couple of incidents with the service manager, who is a complete a$@! The last time I had my oil changed, I did not have an appointment (the gm told me to bring it in whenever and they would take care of me). The Service Manager was very very rude (even though we were dropping my vehicle off, giving them 6 hours to do an oil change). I was ready to leave and schedule an appointment for another day, but my fiance argued with the manager, who agreed eventually agreed to do the oil change. So by chance, is there something they could have done to my car to change the mpg by so much? Thanks for any input!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Delaware is offline   Reply With Quote