99% of the pull-down issue with the front of the cap is MECHANICAL INTERFERENCE with the cab of the truck and the black top rails. I had my new (to me) ARE cap off for lock repairs last weekend and took my Dremel to it. Bought a little 1" rolled cone grinder tool and carefully went to work. Relieved it all the way around the front where it was hitting the truck cab and the top rails. Had to take a lot off, especially around the top rails, just went slow and used light pressure. I hand sanded when finished. Then I put it on the truck and sucked it down, marked the last little places, jacked up the front with a 2X4 between the cap and the third tail light, and fine tuned the last little bit. Dropped her down and viola, great fit and no rub on the cab and perfect seal. I used a little camper tape on the top trim where the little dips are to ensure a good seal there, one on each side. Didn't even bend the board, much less break it. Bottom line, the cap is well made, but the factory fit at the front is poor. I saw first hand on the truck my cap came off of how bad the damage to the truck can be if this is not done. Take your time, relieve it to fit, and you will be much much happier with the result.