NASIOC Vendor

Member#: 183645
Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2007 STi & 09 SpecB
www.awdtuning.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irv Weissmanhowerton View Post
I'd agree, 4% gains for 3-3.50/gal vs, basically c16 price at 88 per 5gal isn't worth it, but there is crappy places out there with %70 or lower instead of the 85 they are claiming, that will mess with afr and tune should prob be adjusted for each tank's quality of ethonal

as for his claims of corrosive, there are plenty here running it daily for years and injectors/fuel pump are fine, I have no idea about the lines, and im sure it depends on where you are for how fast you'll see something negative from pump e85

its amazing how many people are seeing better results with e85 vs top dollar c or q16, its like 1/4-1/5 of the price
I agree. We were running C16 on this car, but changed over to E85 and gained 70whp! (we are strong believers in E85 at the shop. I've been running it in my Legacy SpecB for almost 4 years now without seeing any issues).
Again, the biggest issue with this car is he can't get E85 in Mexico. He has a daily tune with 92oct+meth, but we are looking for something we can get here and import into Mexico without issues. We know VP can import which is why we are looking at what they have to offer. We were paying $12+/gallon for C16, so the price of this C85 isn't all that bad for how often it will be used. We are going to reach out to VP on Monday to order a drum of C85. I will post the results when we have them.
But yes, I do agree for most people, this is not worth it because we can just drive up to the pump and get E85. But I think we will be very happy with the results. We should have the new transmission and fuel in time for IFO on Dec. 9th.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
awdtuning.com is offline   Reply With Quote