Blur125
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 88514
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza 2.0i
Dark Gray Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
^^ Not much of a chance. The valve doesn't hang below the plastic belly pan. I suppose someone who does off-roading with a Subaru might have reason to be concerned, but the Impreza isn't an off-roading car, so that shouldn't be much of a concern. If you break the Fumoto valve off your oil pan, you've probably done other damage to your car too (exhaust and more).

My oil change with the valve was much less messy than my first oil change using the drain plug. 0W-20 oil is super thin (especially when it's hot), and with the drain plug it dumps out of your oil pan FAST. I don't care how you position your catch pan, you're going to splash some oil. The Fumoto valve with the nipple (F-108N, I believe) and hose gives much better control of where the oil goes.
Totally agree about the added ease of oil changes. I'm just more curious as to how much pressure it would take to dislodge the adapter valve and lose your oil. I guess its a 1 in a 1,000,000 shot that a rock would dislodge it. In for one, thanks for your input!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Blur125 is offline   Reply With Quote