STi TMIC & splitter
TGV delete
ID1000's
DW300 pump
Invidia V2 catless DP
SPT muffler section
Cobb AP
Pro Tune from Chris Black @ AMS Performance in W Chicago
(Tuner of the Alpha12 GT-R WR 1500 hp street car)
288 AWHP 324 ft-lbs on a Mustang Dyno

I will post dyno sheet, I'm trying to enhance it so that it is easier to read. If I can remember how to get it posted I will do that next.
AMS' shop is nothing shy of spectacular. I pulled in from StL and counted 7 GT-R's 2 full rally race prepped Evo's, a couple of street Evo's and a few road race Porsche 997 911's. Needless to say I felt a little under gunned pulling in with my all but stock lil' 07 WRX, but they treated me with the utmost respect and acted as if my car was just as important as the guy getting the $63,999 Alpha10 GT-R pkg. Really nice folks. My only regret is that I didn't ask for the tour, they said I could be there for the dyno session but I missed the morning train from the city to get back out to W Chicago (my bad and my bummer).
They even saved me some $ from the original estimate AFTER they found more work that had to be concluded before she was dyno worthy AND they threw in an AMS beanie on top of all that. Can't beat that with a stick.
I definitely love the new found power, I'm not beating on the car (I have never driven like that) but I want to make sure all is tight and good before I give her the full beans. There is still a little more lag than I would have thought would be there and I will be in discussion with them as to how to get rid of this as my intentions were to build around throttle response not top end or dyno numbers.
All in all AMS is an A#1 shop that I would recommend to anyone. A little on the pricey side but you know- and this is why I stayed with them after the estimate- you get what you pay for. I knew they could handle any and every little thing that might come up, which did and they did. The only used part I had was the STi TMIC and they found a tiny hole in the Y pipe that the previous owner was using to inject (prolly meth, I dunno)and welded it shut pronto, another shop probably wouldn't have even found that and just tried to tune around it. Bravo AMS, bravo. With all the in house engineering and fab work, not to mention the absolute piles of trophies including anything from the SCCA runoffs to Time Attack, I had no doubts my girl was in good hands. And this was before I read anything about Chris Black's reputation as a tuner, I just found his praise on the Injector Dynamics certified BadAss list this evening, after all was said and done. Lucky me!
All around great experience, knocking on wood that it stays that way. Like I said I don't beat on cars but I do push it frequently. I'm guessing my next money will be in Tranny work but I need Suspension and wheels and tires next, so the 5 speed has to hang on for awhile yet.
The first thing I did was the brakes, SS lines, hawk pads, quality slotted rotors (in front anyway) EBC I think, and that German Blue brake fluid. Figured a car has to be able to stop well enough first before throwing power mods at it. Now it needs to handle as well as it goes, debating coil overs VS Eibach Pro-kit (and sways) witsome quality dampers (preferably adjustable). Then wheels and tires and after all that if I'm not broke Maybe MAYBE I'll get some of the dings taken off her...
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
paved1 is offline   Reply With Quote