Old 11-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #994
NASIOC Supporter
Member#: 160387
Chapter/Region: TXIC
'93 SVX (Red)
'07 FXT (OBP)

Originally Posted by TypeC View Post
Originally Posted by Ranatsu View Post
85 japanese/domestic performance cars... driving around the texas hill country? I don't think I want to get arrested
Yeah.. it's 102 cars now. I'm all for a hill country drive with upwards of 40 cars but even that count is starting to get tricky. You have to have organized leaders to be able to keep things safe and fun.

With a variety of vehicles/personalities and only one leader - it can easily end up having one too many cocky idiots that think they know better or think the group is going too slow and start acting like jerks putting other cars in jeopardy. Not realizing that with so many vehicles and driver skill levels, its better to leave wide gaps between those you don't know so that if one bites it, hopefully you won't as well.

Not all of those vehicles handle the curvy hill country well and I doubt all of the drivers are cautious and knowledgeable about their vehicle's ability.

I don't worry about the cops/speeding tickets so much as the attitudes driving in the group. Small groups help you control that problem much easier.

The only plus I see in this event is getting to meet so many people and hang out a bit. If this was clearly defined as a relaxing "enjoy the scenery" cruise, I'd be less concerned.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
cozykat is offline   Reply With Quote