Old 11-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #3533
voltic
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 310385
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2013 Rising Blue
4D Golf R

Installed aforementioned Perrin FMIC! Er, mostly. I ran out of light.

Install was a royal pain in the ass, but the way I see it, there's no other way to route the piping. The kit is great quality... the wrinkle red really does have some nice wrinkle to it, welds are top notch where they actually exist, and the core's black coating is great.

There was quite a bit of dremel work involved, mainly down where the core sits, and the driver side piping where it comes through into the fender well near where the wiper fluid reservoir is. On the second picture, you'll notice a couple paint spots along the metal on the bottom and on the left. These were two spots in the metal I had to remove to fit the core. I primed and painted them to prevent it from rusting out.

After this I returned to trying to remove the remnants of the TMIC bracket. There's one bolt that sits under the turbo's outlet. 45 minutes later with the help of a hammer to carefully rotate the bracket, we finally got it free.

Sometimes, the little things matter.

Anyway, that's about it. I'm not completely done, but I have the big stuff in place. Have to finish running some hoses and then trim the bumper cover tomorrow. I leave you guys with how the car sits tonight!

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.